Foros

Comunicación directa entre usuarios de buenos aliens

Escribir mensaje

Foro: Clubbers 

Tema: Interview with Armin van Buuren 

E-mail:

Clave:

Para poder escribir un mensaje tenés que estar registrado.
Si aún no lo has hecho, registrate.

Tema:

Interview with Armin van Buuren  

Mensaje:

Acepto haber leído y aceptar las REGLAS y las normas de NETIQUETA de este foro.

El sistema no permite utilizar códigos HTML. Sólo se puede utilizar:

Texto en [b]negritas[/b].

Las direcciones de web aparecerán resaltadas automáticamente.

Para publicar un video de Youtube o un set en SoundCloud, poner sólo la dirección. Por ej:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z-ATg8Fdok
http://soundcloud.com/dj/setmayo

usuario
mensaje
el lea

alta:29/07/05
dom 11-nov-2007 19:40

Armin van Buuren was recently voted the #1 DJ Mag Top 100 DJ, affirming his ever-growing popularity worldwide. After five years of being ranked in the top 10 and last year?s #2 standing, Armin was able to takeover the No.1 DJ crown from Paul van Dyk and past three consecutive year winner Tiesto.

Now Armin embarks on another major US tour for his latest mix compilation Universal Religion 2008: Live from Armada at Ibiza. The album was recorded live on August 21 in summer 2007, during the Armada night at legendary Amnesia nightclub. On the live element Armin says, ?It adds to the feeling, the experience, so you can feel like you?re there, having a great time with your friends.? The unplanned set list became the perfect CD release: a spontaneous selection of records that embodies the timeless Balearic sound of Ibiza against the buzz of a crowd enjoying a world-renowned club. ?I had the first two tracks lined up, and the rest I just chose as I played, gauged on the reaction from the dancefloor,? says Armin. ?Tracks like Big Sky, Sunlounger and Daydream are pure Balearic gems. It?s scary to record something live but once the music starts flowing you lose yourself to it?.

On top of his already vigorous schedule with the release of A State of Trance 2007 album, Armin continues to broadcast his hugely popular international radio show "A State of Trance" which can now be heard in 20 countries by 2.5 million people every week. Meanwhile, Armin continues to play gigs and festivals all across the world and spread his own unique brand of soaring, electronic dance music.

"Universal Religion 2008" compilation mixed by Armin van Buuren is out on Ultra Records - December 4th, 2007. (this is the same as Universal Religion: Chapter 3, already released in Europe)

The day of his New York City performance, Friday, November 9th 2007, thanks to our friends at Made Event and Ultra Records we had the opprtunity to interview, over the phone, the newly crowned, world number 1 Dj

The interview itself

1. Congratulations on being #1 Armin, are you sick of this question yet, how does it feel to be on top ?

Armin van Buuren: No, definitely not sick of that question, this is great, it?s always been a dream of mine, achieving this, but it was never the goal, just a dream that I?ve always had. It?s so special because it?s an award voted on by clubbers, not some judges in the industry or something, just people from all over the world who listen to the music and love it. This is such an honor, to be honest, and I?m telling you this straight from my heart, it hasn?t even set in yet, this idea that I?m number 1, I?m just really honored

2. Why is 2007 the year that this happened ?

Armin van Buuren: I?m not sure, the people just decided it, I don?t know why now. This wasn?t particularly a special year; there wasn?t an artist release or Armin Only this year. The A Sate of Trance 2007 CD?s did well and ASOT episode 300 was really popular, so I guess that helped. I just really enjoy doing my thing and playing the trance music I love. The radio show, CD?s, DVD?s, are all about really good trance music for the people.

3. During your set at DJ Mag?s top 100 show you dropped Paul Van Dyk?s ?New York City? track, was that your way of honoring him ?

Armin van Buuren: No, I just love the track, and of course I love Paul Van Dyk, he still is and always has been one of my favorites. I love the new album he released this year, I know there was some negativity towards it, but I don?t get it, I have played at least 4 tracks from that album this year, and ?New York City? is one of tracks that have really done well in my sets lately

4. What it is like to look at the DJ Mag 100 list and see your name on top, and all those famous names under you.

Armin van Buuren: I admire my colleagues so much, I look at these names and I can?t believe I?m on that list with them. If Carl Cox walked in here right now I would be humble and shy. All these DJ?s are great and it?s special to be on this list with them.

Las opiniones y comentarios vertidos en estos foros son responsabilidad exclusiva de los particulares
que participan. Buenos Aliens desliga todo tipo de responsabilidad emergente de los mismos.