Foros

Comunicación directa entre usuarios de buenos aliens

Escribir mensaje

Foro: Clubbers 

Tema: Phil Reynolds @ Magic, Niceto 10/05/08 

E-mail:

Clave:

Para poder escribir un mensaje tenés que estar registrado.
Si aún no lo has hecho, registrate.

Tema:

Phil Reynolds @ Magic, Niceto 10/05/08  

Mensaje:

Acepto haber leído y aceptar las REGLAS y las normas de NETIQUETA de este foro.

El sistema no permite utilizar códigos HTML. Sólo se puede utilizar:

Texto en [b]negritas[/b].

Las direcciones de web aparecerán resaltadas automáticamente.

Para publicar un video de Youtube o un set en SoundCloud, poner sólo la dirección. Por ej:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z-ATg8Fdok
http://soundcloud.com/dj/setmayo

usuario
mensaje
el lea

alta:29/07/05
jue 24-abr-2008 13:02

Has becoming a DJ enhanced or reduced your enjoyment of clubbing?

Ooh I'm able to enjoy it very much. As soon as I finish my sets, I like to get on the dancefloor and have a good stomp!

Describe the experience of your first ever gig? Where did you play? Who else was playing that night? How did it feel? Do you remember the line up?

My first gig in a club, was at a party called Storm at the Soundshaft. The initial comments were good and positive.

What was the reactions from clubbers and promoters to the music you played in the early days of your career? These would have been the days pre clubbing forums no doubt?

On the whole they were good and encouraging for me.

Was any of it quite harsh, did you ever think of packing it in or did you feel that you were destined to make a career of this?

In the early days, some of it was but you learn to distinguish between that and constructive criticism.

When it is personalised type of comments rather than constructive criticism about my sets, it?s hard to accept. However, you can?t please everyone and not everyone has the same taste in music, so you are bound to get criticism at some point.

A lot of clubbers these days are extremely knowledgeable about the music that is played in clubs, not like in the day when you would go out clubbing with your mates and have a bop for 8 hours not really know who was playing. Now they know who is playing and what they are playing! From a DJs perspective does it make your job harder or easier?

I think clubbers have always been clued up on the music and what we play. It makes me keep on top of my game and keep it fresh, not play the same old tunes. It spurs you on to always play top notch sets full of good tunes.

I know that people like James Lawson and Matt Williams have played musical instruments from a very early age. Did you have any musical education or training prior to the start of your career?

No. I had 2 guitar lessons during my childhood and that was it! I can play a riff on the keyboard by knowing the sequence of keys to hit now. But I don?t read music.

Now let?s chat about your developing career. Describe the parties you were getting hired for?

When I first started playing, I normally just played at house parties for mates. They were great experience and gave you the confidence to play in front of a crowd. It wasn?t until we started Frantic that I started to play regularly in clubs.

Las opiniones y comentarios vertidos en estos foros son responsabilidad exclusiva de los particulares
que participan. Buenos Aliens desliga todo tipo de responsabilidad emergente de los mismos.