Foros

Comunicación directa entre usuarios de buenos aliens

Escribir mensaje

Foro: Clubbers 

Tema: Phil Reynolds @ Magic, Niceto 10/05/08 

E-mail:

Clave:

Para poder escribir un mensaje tenés que estar registrado.
Si aún no lo has hecho, registrate.

Tema:

Phil Reynolds @ Magic, Niceto 10/05/08  

Mensaje:

Acepto haber leído y aceptar las REGLAS y las normas de NETIQUETA de este foro.

El sistema no permite utilizar códigos HTML. Sólo se puede utilizar:

Texto en [b]negritas[/b].

Las direcciones de web aparecerán resaltadas automáticamente.

Para publicar un video de Youtube o un set en SoundCloud, poner sólo la dirección. Por ej:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z-ATg8Fdok
http://soundcloud.com/dj/setmayo

usuario
mensaje
el lea

alta:29/07/05
jue 24-abr-2008 13:03

Right from inception, you were instrumental in building Frantic into a nationwide success. But how did you get involved with this hugely successful promotion?

I was involved with it right from the start. I was friends with Will and we used to go out to parties. Will heard one of my DJ mix tapes and wanted to book me for the first party.

What was your first Frantic party like? Did you ever envisage that it would achieve such immense success and continue to this day?

I played at the very first party in a club in Chinatown, Central London. It was for 75 people, actually a birthday party and sold out very quickly. From the success of the very first party, things mushroomed and Frantic soon grew in size. But I never knew that it would be such a huge success, especially as the first few parties were make or break.

The current Frantic parties are tending to follow a different music of hardstyle and freeform. What are your thoughts on this?

Well I think it?s a different crowd, a much younger crowd who are now attending Frantic parties. And one thing good with Will, is that he is good at reading what the crowd likes listening to and as a result, keeping his parties busy and well attended. Therefore the music the crowd listens to has had to change to cater for them.

How did you get involved with Heat, were you at the very first party? Obviously Damo is one of those characters? a total party animal, you never forget the first time you met him eh?

I don?t remember where I first met Damo and Anton from Heat, they knew of me from various hard parties that I played at. I wasn?t at the very first backyard parties but I got involved after I started playing for them years ago at The Rock and Camden Palace. I?ve since become really good friends with Damo and admire everything that he has done. SW4 is an amazing event.

It must have been quite something playing for two hugely successful hard dance promotions, Frantic and Heat, the latter with a hugely close knit Antipodean crowd. Compare and contrast the crowds at the parties when you played?

Before Heat I was resident at Fevah, which started about 6 months after Frantic. I was very lucky to be involved with both promotions, as back then they were two of the biggest in London. Both parties attracted the same sorts of crowds. The only difference was that Fevah was a weekly party, so I got to play in front of the same people every week. Heat came along as Fevah was coming to an end and a lot of the same people moved on to Heat.

I remember first seeing you play the main room at Hard House Academy. Were you playing mainly hard house, hard trance or both (forgive me? those days I wasn?t so clued up on the music)?

I used to play a bit of both. Probably more trance than house.

There have been so many big hard dance promotions that have taken place in London and the UK over the past 10 years, have there been any parties that have come and gone and you thought ?damm wished I played there!? ?

I think I?ve been lucky enough to play for all the big promotions over the years. Maybe Trade was the only one. But you have to remember I always played trance and Trade was the original hard house club, so that?s probably why I never played.

Las opiniones y comentarios vertidos en estos foros son responsabilidad exclusiva de los particulares
que participan. Buenos Aliens desliga todo tipo de responsabilidad emergente de los mismos.