Foros

Comunicación directa entre usuarios de buenos aliens

Escribir mensaje

Foro: Clubbers 

Tema: entrevista a Christopher Lawrence... 

E-mail:

Clave:

Para poder escribir un mensaje tenés que estar registrado.
Si aún no lo has hecho, registrate.

Tema:

entrevista a Christopher Lawrence...  

Mensaje:

Acepto haber leído y aceptar las REGLAS y las normas de NETIQUETA de este foro.

El sistema no permite utilizar códigos HTML. Sólo se puede utilizar:

Texto en [b]negritas[/b].

Las direcciones de web aparecerán resaltadas automáticamente.

Para publicar un video de Youtube o un set en SoundCloud, poner sólo la dirección. Por ej:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z-ATg8Fdok
http://soundcloud.com/dj/setmayo

usuario
mensaje
CLNº1

alta:31/08/07
lun 28-ene-2008 11:57

aca arranca la entrevista. que no termian mas.........

DJ Times: This past summer, you were forced to take time off from DJing to recover from major back surgery. What happened?
Christopher Lawrence: I feel much better, but my back?s a little bit sore. It was just from years of carrying around records! My back started getting sore a couple of years ago; I was on tour in Europe, the Middle East and Moscow for two weeks, and suddenly, it was really bad. It got to a point where I couldn?t walk. I went to the doctor, and it turns out I had a ruptured disc and had to get spinal surgery. I ended up taking six weeks off.

DJ Times: All the time spent sitting on planes can?t be great for your back?
Lawrence: My surgeon said, ?Doing international flights is the worst thing you can do.? I usually fly business class, internationally, but I had to take off extra time.

DJ Times: It must help that, at least, you?re not carrying around heavy crates of vinyl?
Lawrence: I?m really grateful there are CDs. I?ve been using CDs for the last two years, but exclusively for the last year. I?m holding onto my vinyl, but I got to a point where I was carrying record bags and CD cases. After a while, I wouldn?t go to my records.

DJ Times: Are you into laptop DJing?
Lawrence: Not yet. I might end up doing the laptop thing at some point, but right now, I like the tactile feeling of choosing CDs, mixing them?

DJ Times: What?s your setup?
Lawrence: Two Pioneer CDJ-1000s, and I prefer the Xone:92 from Allen & Heath mixer?that?s it.

DJ Times: No effects units?
Lawrence: No effects units. I do a lot of re-editing of tracks. Almost every single track I play out, I re-edit at home. I chop up parts, edit, and I EQ it the way I want. If I were playing more techno, I?d be doing more effects, but with the trance and progressive house that I?m playing, I find the effects detract from the tracks themselves. For me, it?s about seamless mixing and creating flow. It?s a different style. Also, the mixers I like to use don?t have effects. I have to have two monitors, one on each side, and I always request a third CD player just to have. Occasionally, I use three CDs, but it?s mostly a backup to prepare the tracks I?m playing later. It?s very simple?there?s no vinyl at all. It?s quite sad, because turntables have been such a part of DJ culture. Most clubs have moved the turntables, so mixers are in the center, and CD players are on each side.

Las opiniones y comentarios vertidos en estos foros son responsabilidad exclusiva de los particulares
que participan. Buenos Aliens desliga todo tipo de responsabilidad emergente de los mismos.