Foros

Comunicación directa entre usuarios de buenos aliens

Escribir mensaje

Foro: Clubbers 

Tema: Entrevista a John O`callaghan 

E-mail:

Clave:

Para poder escribir un mensaje tenés que estar registrado.
Si aún no lo has hecho, registrate.

Tema:

Entrevista a John O`callaghan  

Mensaje:

Acepto haber leído y aceptar las REGLAS y las normas de NETIQUETA de este foro.

El sistema no permite utilizar códigos HTML. Sólo se puede utilizar:

Texto en [b]negritas[/b].

Las direcciones de web aparecerán resaltadas automáticamente.

Para publicar un video de Youtube o un set en SoundCloud, poner sólo la dirección. Por ej:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z-ATg8Fdok
http://soundcloud.com/dj/setmayo

usuario
mensaje
el lea

alta:29/07/05
jue 07-feb-2008 9:09

The creative process is different for everyone. How do you blow life into an idea? Is it a sudden moment of inspiration, or something that develops over a few days?

Both! It depends on the tune. Creating big melodies can be a long process, especially as so many tunes out there sound alike. It?s hard to really get something totally original. Techno orientated stuff can happen in an hour, or 5 minutes. Lately I am spending a lot longer on my original stuff and remixes. Sometimes up to 6 weeks to really make sure it has every tiny little detail that sets it apart from everything else. I am big into details and tiny things you probably won?t ever hear, but I buzz off that stuff!

Big Sky was released on the 3rd of December and quoted by Armin van Buuren as one of the biggest tracks of the year. Tell us more about the production and do you see this mind-blowing track reaching anthem status?

Production started in January 2007 and I finished in June. I wrote the full backing track with music and always knew it had potential for vocals to maximise the chords. I?m friends with Audrey and just sent her the backing track. She loved it and came up with a few ideas - the best of which eventually was moulded into Big Sky! When I first heard her vocals I was blown away and I am chuffed to be working with such a great talent. As for anthem status, only time will tell.

Who is the most inspirational DJ/producer you have met so far? And why?

I would say Armin van Buuren. I have met Armin a few times and each time he is as friendly and polite as you can imagine. He always gives me some direct advice and points out things I should look at doing in the year. He is the number 1 DJ in the world, yet completely grounded ? and it is great to know him. Also, at the age of just 30, to have achieved what he has done, is a huge inspiration for someone like me.

Highlight one event, party or club night that stands out in your career.

?I Make The Beat Go Boom?, at club Big One, Buenos Aires, Argentina. A sold-out 2000 capacity club, where I played a 5 hour set. Each tune got an amazing reaction and the passion of the crowd really touched me. It?s a beautiful place and I can?t wait to go back.

I?ve seen the incredible pictures and video clips of Planet Love. Describe the feeling when you dropped your first track with thousands of people cheering you on.

I was nervous and buzzing at the same time! I always try to have technically tight sets and playing a live set going out on national radio increases the pressure so much. Thinking about every tune, every mix and every button on the mixer ? to make sure the set is right takes a lot out of you! It is so much more than just a normal club set, as the expectations of the crowd is much, much higher. All in all, it was amazing and hopefully next year is just as good!

Tell us more about the JOC clothing brand.

Well, it?s not a really a clothing brand. It?s just my logo? on a T-shirt. My logo was developed as part of my new website and it has really caught on. Marketing is an important part of building any brand and it?s good to see people wearing the T-shirts at gigs. There is a shop on my website, where you can buy all kinds of JOC clothing.

You?ve covered most of the globe and already played at major events worldwide. Is there a specific event you would still like to play at in the near future?

I think the one place all DJs hope to play one day is Amnesia, Ibiza. It definitely holds a special status amongst DJs. A lot of people see it as the icing on the cake. Hopefully one day I get a chance!

You have been nominated for Best Producer, Best DJ, Best Album and Best Single in the Irish Dance Music Awards. Your releases have been signed by Armind, Vandit Records and Discover. Your music is fully supported by Paul van Dyk, Armin van Buuren, John Askew, Matt Hardwick and Agnelli and Nelson. A very impressive résumé ? where to from here?

Just keep working hard on my profile and DJing around the world. Working on new original tunes and trying to bring something new to the scene. Who knows what the future will bring?

Las opiniones y comentarios vertidos en estos foros son responsabilidad exclusiva de los particulares
que participan. Buenos Aliens desliga todo tipo de responsabilidad emergente de los mismos.