Foros

Comunicación directa entre usuarios de buenos aliens

Escribir mensaje

Foro: Clubbers 

Tema: Entrevista a Talamasca 

E-mail:

Clave:

Para poder escribir un mensaje tenés que estar registrado.
Si aún no lo has hecho, registrate.

Tema:

Entrevista a Talamasca  

Mensaje:

Acepto haber leído y aceptar las REGLAS y las normas de NETIQUETA de este foro.

El sistema no permite utilizar códigos HTML. Sólo se puede utilizar:

Texto en [b]negritas[/b].

Las direcciones de web aparecerán resaltadas automáticamente.

Para publicar un video de Youtube o un set en SoundCloud, poner sólo la dirección. Por ej:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z-ATg8Fdok
http://soundcloud.com/dj/setmayo

usuario
mensaje
lauchi87

dee jay
alta:22/08/05
lun 07-jul-2008 22:25

Dejo acá esta nota que le hicieron, tiene cosas muy interesantes. Si no entra todo dejo el link para que sigan leyendo (está en inglés pero se comprende re bien).

The French connection: Talamasca gets ready to conjure up some magic @ We Love Infected 001 (09/08/08)
The Derren Brown of dance music is back. DJ Lestat aka Talamasca ? also known to his friends as DJ Tom Cruise thanks to the movie of The Vampire Chronicles from where he took his DJ name ? is an prolific artist who has helped define the genre of psy trance. Having made over 150 tracks, including ?Magic Mushroom? 12 years ago with ?a kid called Erez? who impressed ?because he was so young, so good and so fast?, it is indeed fitting that Cedric Dassulle is coming back to London town to headline We Love Infected 001 at The Coronet on Saturday 9 August?
You used to be a resident DJ at the infamous Rex Club in Paris. What first got you into dance music? And what made you turn to psychedelic trance?

This was a long time ago. I was resident DJ in the Rex club for two years, 1994 and 1995. Before 1992, I was listening to heavy metal, and believed that electronic music was not music. Fortunately, my friend who I was with in school, DJ Mael Aka Nomad, put me one day in a big rave party and I realised then the ?power? of this music.

This was in 1992, I was playing a kind of hard techno, even hardcore sometimes, but in 1994, one of my friends came back from London with some of the first Dragonfly Records by Genetic and Man With No Name, and the ?High Energy Protons? by Juno Reaktor on Nova Mute, and those tracks made me understand that there was a way to make real music with electronique. At that time it was called ?Goa? trance. It changed with the time to ?psychedelic? trance, which if you want my opinion, is a very bad name that doesn?t reflect the message I want to pass on with my music. I just want the people to be happy, and to dance with their friends at parties. I don?t care so much about how it is called. I call it ?dancefloor? music.

Why the name DJ Lestat? And Talamasca? Have you always been into vampires and mind control?

AHAHAH?.. you have to remember that I chose my DJ name in 1992, at a time when all the cops in Europe were stopping parties. It was not good at that time to put your real name on flyers, unless you were called Laurent Garnier. But for me, especially as an ?underground? DJ, it was better to choose a name. I chose ?Lestat? not only because I loved the book, but also because it is a French name; it sounds French. But I don?t know anyone French called anything like that! Also, I couldn?t know at that time that they would do a movie about it few years ago, with Tom Cruise as Lestat! My friends called me DJ Tom Cruise for years?

Las opiniones y comentarios vertidos en estos foros son responsabilidad exclusiva de los particulares
que participan. Buenos Aliens desliga todo tipo de responsabilidad emergente de los mismos.