Foros

Comunicación directa entre usuarios de buenos aliens

Escribir mensaje

Foro: Clubbers 

Tema: Entrevista a Talamasca 

E-mail:

Clave:

Para poder escribir un mensaje tenés que estar registrado.
Si aún no lo has hecho, registrate.

Tema:

Entrevista a Talamasca  

Mensaje:

Acepto haber leído y aceptar las REGLAS y las normas de NETIQUETA de este foro.

El sistema no permite utilizar códigos HTML. Sólo se puede utilizar:

Texto en [b]negritas[/b].

Las direcciones de web aparecerán resaltadas automáticamente.

Para publicar un video de Youtube o un set en SoundCloud, poner sólo la dirección. Por ej:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z-ATg8Fdok
http://soundcloud.com/dj/setmayo

usuario
mensaje
lauchi87

dee jay
alta:22/08/05
lun 07-jul-2008 22:37

It?s now easier to produce and distribute music than ever before, but even harder to make a living from it. As a label owner, how have the recent changes in technology affected the way you do business?

Well, we reach again the point of the mp3 thing here. If I had to live from the label, I would be homeless now. Fortunately, I live from my bookings, and as long as I still love what I am doing, I mean to play my music for people, so as long as I still play everywhere, I can not complain. But I?ve worked hard for it, for more than fifteen years, and I am ready to work more and more.

Last year you released ?Talamasca and Friends?, which included collaborations with some of the top names in psy trance, including XSI and Gogo, Skazi, GMS and Eskimo. How did you decide who to work with on this album? Is there anyone you?d still like to collaborate with if you get the chance?

No, the ?Talamasca and Friends? album was released in 2004 and contained collaboration tracks with new French artists that I invited into my studio when I created Mind Control Records. Last year, I released the ?Obsessive Dream? album, which was composed of two CDs, one of my own tracks, and one of collaborations with the names you mentioned, plus Eskimo, Sirius Isness, Shagma, Spacecat and Yuman for an ambient track.

I gave this album away for free and I had more than 40,000 downloads, which was the goal anyway, because so many countries are beginning to listen trance, like Chile, Korea, Turkey. And so many others are too poor to buy CDs like Indians, Mexicans, Brazilians, Africans, so the goal was that they could also listen to my music, not only the Europeans and Japanese.

Concerning the collaboration tracks, of course I want to do more! I?ve done a lot already in my career with a lot of artists ? the list is too long to be written here ? but if I name a few, it would be Spacecat, Skazi, Oforia, GMS, Eskimo, Domestic, Deedrah, and of course I want to make more! But now it is less easy than before because most of us have families and kids, so it is harder to find time when we are not living in the same country.

Also, 12 years ago I did a track with a kid from Israel. The kid impressed me because he was so young, so good and so fast! We did a track in one night! This guy was called Erez and we called the track ?Magic Mushroom?, ?magic? because I was a magician already, and ?mushroom? because it was part of the name of the new band that this kid had just made with another guy called Duvdev ? an ?infected? band, heheheh!

Las opiniones y comentarios vertidos en estos foros son responsabilidad exclusiva de los particulares
que participan. Buenos Aliens desliga todo tipo de responsabilidad emergente de los mismos.