Foros

Comunicación directa entre usuarios de buenos aliens

Escribir mensaje

Foro: Clubbers 

Tema: Steve Lawler encontra Ibiza DJ awards categories 

E-mail:

Clave:

Para poder escribir un mensaje tenés que estar registrado.
Si aún no lo has hecho, registrate.

Tema:

Steve Lawler encontra Ibiza DJ awards categories  

Mensaje:

Acepto haber leído y aceptar las REGLAS y las normas de NETIQUETA de este foro.

El sistema no permite utilizar códigos HTML. Sólo se puede utilizar:

Texto en [b]negritas[/b].

Las direcciones de web aparecerán resaltadas automáticamente.

Para publicar un video de Youtube o un set en SoundCloud, poner sólo la dirección. Por ej:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z-ATg8Fdok
http://soundcloud.com/dj/setmayo

usuario
mensaje
H.A

alta:26/02/06
lun 27-ago-2012 1:25

DJAwards - Electronic Music Awards - Ibiza Hi Steve,
the fact that you have taken the time to point out some very perceptive points means a lot to us.
Everything you say about the problem of genres this days we agree with, to classify DJs is not an easy thing anymore, a very different situation from back in the days.
Music is art in movement and there is a mutation in genres. What people call Deep House today has nothing to do with what Deep House was in the past, if you only knew the debates we have had on this would make you smile!
But its the DJ's managers who ask us to add the artists they represent into the right category he represents. So we got Eddie Halliwell , Sander Van Doorn or even Tiesto asking to be moved from Trance to Electro House, well the world is changing. We spoke with Ed, Seth's manager and we have to respect where he wants to place Seth, we can't tell the managers they are wrong as they are speaking for the artist we believe that is correct and we have to respect that, to say a lot of eyebrow raising goes on in our office is an understatement
Many a debate has been had regarding underground in our office, but how to define who fits in this category and who doesn't – i think we would have a stampede from all the Djs wanting to be in here.
Our invitation to you to be part of the DJ Awards panel for 2013 is very honest. We work very closely with the industry to help us form the categories & nominees, so please think about this with love. Warm regards. The DJ Awards Team.

DJ Steve Lawler and like wise.. it means a lot that you guys are taking the time to reply and explain to not only me but also others who will see this post.. big respect indeed.. of course i would be delighted to help out in anyway, as i am a supporter of awards like i said, but not sure i could put my hands to something like genre selection if what it actual is like we knew is more of a marketing placement tool for business, i dont think i could be involved in that as i am just not good with things that dont feel true or real, I would feel like i was cheating myself let alone anyone else.. some good points have been raised about genre's in this post, which im happy to see.. I have never been a fan of genre's but they have to exist in an industry that is as big as ours now. and your point about how different or shall we say how genre's have shifted over time is a very good point. let the good times roll ;)

Las opiniones y comentarios vertidos en estos foros son responsabilidad exclusiva de los particulares
que participan. Buenos Aliens desliga todo tipo de responsabilidad emergente de los mismos.